Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here comes the sun

So finally the sun is back in our lives. We are all getting our burns/tans back from thailand and enjoying the beach life. Were starting to not fit in our clothes because all of us have lost so much weight. Im just glad I get to gain it back with good chicago food when I get home. We are enjoying playing volleyball and have an intense match up of blondes vs. brunettes when we play and the teams are tied at two matches each right now. We explored the marble mountains for a day only to find that the land is a preserve and therefore does not have climbing. So in a couple days we will travel down to Dalat where we know for certain there is climbing. The neat thing when we were wondering the mountains was all the marble statues that people carve and the pagodas that scatter all along the mountains. Its no wonder that they dont allow climbing. If only i could explain to them that climbing is how i worship, we might have an understanding. Today is a bbq at Hoa's with some fish and seafood on the grill and then probably another volleyball match in the afternoon. Its peaceful here with a small group of people that have family dinner every night with tons of food and then we sit around the table and tell stories over a few drinks while discussing differences between countries along with past and future travel plans. Also I have been craving music and found that I have a 5 songs on my phone which I listen to everyday. They are all Incubus songs and I really enjoy digging into the lyrics as a way to inspire my day. The main song Ive been listening to is Make Yourself (acoustic style) and it motivates me to make myself every day that I wake up. Elvio left yesterday and we hope to catch up again with him and climb again in Dalat. O by the way ryan is winning best tan lines ever right now! I can tell I need to get back to climbing to clear my mind as its been taking a couple hours every night for me to fall asleep, trying to slow my mind down enough to drift off. Im not sure exactly what has been disturbing my sleep, but hopefully the pattern will break soon. O and for whoever is picking me up from the airport I request a Mama D's italian beef soaked to eat on the way home, ha. love and miss you all... go make yourself

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you sounding well and that you all have sun and fun.
    i can imagine some american food will taste wonderful by the time you land in the states!
    good luck with that sleeping problem...knowing you, you'll know soon what that's about. maybe it IS just missing your "worship" time.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete