Friday, January 28, 2011

Taking its toll

Well its really to no surprise that with climbing this much comes injuries. Both of my ring finger tendons are weak and are taped up now when i climb. And the most devastating thing happened yesterday on my project. On the crux heel hook i pulled too hard on my knee and messed it up bad for the day. I was limping the rest of the day and ate IBU like it was my job. I took a rest day yesterday to let it rest and have been climbing with a brace on today. I have to stay away from the project for a good while and let it heal. Its difficult because ive put so much work into getting my project done. Hopefully i can practice patience. Ryan sent another project this morning and the day i got hurt sky sent the project that i was working on with him. Our German/Australian friends left this morning and we celebrated by eating good food and watching crappy movies in the lounge. Good thing it was a rest day because it was hotter than two mice fighting in a wool sock out. Well after a tasty lunch its back to the project wall to build up strength in my knee again. Pretty soon we are going to have to start looking into travel plans for north Vietnam because our visas expire on the 11th. Well!!... this is thailand's biggest deal signing off.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the update.
    be careful...blowing out tendons and knees doesn't make for a fun tomorrow.
    are you experiencing the attention for your blonde hair that you expected?
    what about those $5. massages?
    what do you eat every day?

    ReplyDelete