Sunday, March 27, 2011

Singing in the rain

It's been raining here on and off since we got here, but last night started the biggest storm yet. It's raining so hard now that our roof has leaks in the kitchen and the road to our house has become a river/waterfall. Most days we find a bit of a break in the rain to drive into town for supplies and a meal out, but I think today is the start of being held up inside. The storm is so strong that we can't even sit on the porch in our hammocks since the rain comes in sideways. We have enough food to last hopefully until another break in the weather permits us to drive into town for more food. Lucky for us we got into town yesterday and each of us have a new book to read. For those of you who know me I am not a reader, and yet so far I have read three books since being here and yesterday I read a book in one sitting. So for my next one I got a nice long book so I will have plenty to keep me busy during the rain. I've read the beach, Bangkok boy, and tuesdays with morrie. Now I'm onto a book about a women's struggle with being in a Thai prison for smuggling drugs. It's the perfect environment to read as there are no distractions and when its raining, its literally all you can do. Life here has become very simple as we read, eat, sleep and enjoy the silence of the island under the cloak of rain. Our motorbike trips to town are an adventure as the two of us manage to drive thru ponds and rushing water down to the main strip.  7/11 has become a ritual supply stop for water, oreos, yogurt, and noodle soup. It sounds like the rain is hitting all over right now, so for now its time to eat, listen to the rain, and go on a sweatpants marathon!

3 comments:

  1. O by the way all. I figure u can assume its not Ryan posting, but it is his email that pops up thru my phone. Sorry for the double post. I'm still working out bugs on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O by the way all. I figure u can assume its not Ryan posting, but it is his email that pops up thru my phone. Sorry for the double post. I'm still working out bugs on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to add an Oreo counter to the blogs main paige. So try and keep track!!

    ReplyDelete